Paddlers wishing to use our whitewater course unsupervised must have BCU 3 Star or relevant paddling experience on grade 2/3 water and be able to make break outs or ferry glide in order to stop or slow themselves down. If you do not yet meet these requirements, We do have an Introduction to Whitewater course that is a great place to start, you may also paddle the course as part of a group, supervised by a group leader who must have BCU L3, UKCC L2 + MWE, Whitewater Coach or equivalent, in the relevant discipline.
All paddlers are required to complete the necessary paperwork and bring it with them on their first visit each year. Please see below for links to these documents:
Please first register as an unsupervised paddler by completing, and handing in, the forms above on your first visit. You will then need to download and complete the Group Singing In Sheet with each group you lead throughout the year. This form must be completed for each visit even if the group remains the same.
We do allow large groups on to park and play with the relevant coaches, however if you are looking at bringing your entire canoe club please do consider our course hire instead as you may find this better.
All under 18’s need to provide a completed Parental/Guardian Consent Form
Sunday’s (Must be pre-booked)
From 8th November:
10am – 1pm
1:15pm – 4:15pm
Adult – £15.00 / Junior (Under 16) – £12.00
There is an admin fee £1 for the paperwork on your first visit of the year.
For more information you can contact us HERE
Updated Information July 2020
· On arriving please report to the Centre Reception Window
· A one way system will be in operation at the centre
· The changing rooms are currently closed.
· Please vacate the activity area 5 minutes before the end of your session
· Regular scheduled cleaning of all surfaces and door handles carried out after each group / session.
· No Payment to be taken on centre, all payment to be made on line.
Park and Play Rules
· No entry to the centre prior to signing in.
· Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your session.
· Maximum 30 paddlers on the course at one time.
· Maximum 2 paddlers per eddy.
· All paddlers must observe social distancing guidelines at all times.
· Paddlers must ensure they can proficiently self rescue (eskimo roll).
· No intentional swimming.
· Paddlers must be prepared to give way to upstream paddlers to ensure social distancing guidelines are achieved.
· Social distancing guidelines must be adhered to in and around the centre
· Ensure all personal equipment is fit for purpose and in good working order.
· Wash your hands before eating, drinking or smoking.
· Shower area unfortunately unavailable, please shower at home